Arlo: Linux Boot Loader for Psion Series 5, 5mx and 7
Arlo is the boot loader that is needed to boot Linux kernels on
psion devices. As of version 1.2, Arlo supports the Series 5, 5mx and Series
7. The Psion Revo (plus), 5mx Pro and Netbook will probably work, but that
Browse older versions of Arlo
- Latest version is 2.1.0 read
the readme for the list of new features.
- Before you run any version of Arlo, you MUST do a cold reboot first because
usually the device driver has been changed. Unfortunately, the device driver
cannot be unloaded other then by rebooting.
- Latest sources are released under
the GNU General Public License.
Status on booting Linux kernels
- Series 5: Fully supported (for quite a while actually), see the
project web site.
- Series 5mx: This Linux version is currently under development. We've
recently got hold of the relevant information on the S5mx hardware, so it's
finally going to happen. There is no official kernel out there for the S5mx but
you may try the PsiLinux project.
- Series 7: This Linux version is under development by yours truly. See the
section on PsiLinuxS7.