PsiLinux - Series 7: Port of Linux to the Psion Series 7
is the project
that aims to run Linux on Psion devices such as the Series 5, Series 5mx
(pro), Revo and Series 7/Netbook. Yours truly is working on the Series 7/Netbook port.
What you need
- Latest version of Arlo
- Linux kernel (see download below)
- Quick installation guide:
- Install Arlo (see the Arlo readme)
- Copy Linux kernel image (uncompressed) on your EPOC c: or d:
- Copy a ramdisk image (keep compressed) on your EPOC c: or d:
disk. I use the
ramdisk I found here.
- Create an arlo.cfg file
- Run arlo and off you go....
Status of the S7 kernel
- Linux boots ok, ramdisk loads ok, keyboard works fine.
- See a picture of the S7 booting
Linux, here's another one that shows the frame
Status of hardware:
- serial port: works out of the box, don't know whether it's complete.
- frame buffer: changed the sa1100 frame buffer driver to remap the video
memory as setup by EPOC; it doesn't (yet) reprogram the LCD controller.
- timers: works out of the box, don't know wether it's complete.
- keyboard: works.
- pcmcia (including compact flash): moderate success. I can read the cis
of a CF card in both the CF slot and the PCMCIA slot (using a CF -> PCMCIA
adapter). The problem is that haven't figured out how to configure PCMCIA
- pen driver: work not started yet.